CeraRoot is a non-metalic, zirconia dental implant system. It was introduced in 2005. CeraRoot implants are said to be 100% ceramic, fully biocompatible, allergy free, corrosion resistant, totally bio-inert (holistic) with one piece body which allows much less bacterial growth.
As the implant system is fairly new and long term clinical data is not yet available we recommend careful use in only special cases.
If you are interested in non-metalic or holistic dental implant solutions please contact our offfice.
What is Zirconia?
- Is Zirconia truly metal free? - No. Zircon is a metal. The term "Metal Free" is used to describe the material that has no metalic properties. Zirconia is non metalic, for example it does not rust like many metals.
- Is Zirconia a ceramic? - Yes. There are thousands of ceramic materials. The term ceramic refers to the cristal structure of the material. Zirconia, that we use in dentistry is ceramic.
- Is Zirconia bio-compatible? - Yes. Please read a study on Zirconia as a biocompatible ceramic material here. Also read about Zirconia facts and its perspectives as a biomaterial in dental implantology.
ZIRCONIA is an oxidised powder of pure Zircon metal. It is used as pigment for white paints, and also in the abrasives. At room temperature presents a monoclínic phase. This cofiguration is extremely fragile.
To improve the properties of zirconia (ZrO2), other elements are added to the compound to stabilize the molecular structure: ex. Yttrium (Y). Through a mixture and sintering process, the final ceramic structure is stabilized. The Y-TZP is the Yttrium stabilized Tetragonal Zirconium Policrystal.
The Yttrium stabilized Zirconia is extremly strong and rigid.
The Y-TZP ceramic is the material that is used in dentistry as ZIRCONIUM or Zirconia. Simply, it has been always easier to say zirconium than Y-TZP.
Read more on CeraRoot's website.
Treatment Main FeaturesMain parts
- Cera-Root Zirconia (new design) dental implant
- Full porcelain restoration
- 2 years, limitd treatment guarantee
- limited implant warranty
- Expected healing time after implantation is 6 months
- Total treatment time is 7-8 months or more if bone adjustment is needed
- Expected implant-bone fusion (osseointegration) success rate is 93-99%
- Expected implant mechanical failure rate is less than 1/100
- Dent1st’s historical success rate is 100% (December 2015 data) - please note previous success rate does not guarantee future success
Regular treatment includes
Zirconia dental implant or similar, surgery fee, surgeon fee, local anaesthetics, aftercare medication, protective equipment, soft tissue management, final crown restoration as above, general and cosmetic dentists fee, final fitting.
Regular treatment excludes
Extractions, bone treatments, temporary restorations